Monday, October 11, 2010

Reaction to class

So, I'm gonna do this before I go to sleep and sleep through the deadline. So in our class today, we were discussing what was important to us. We got on the subject of religion. This subject is hard for me to discuss because, as a Christian believer, it's hard to convey to people about my faith because it's just that. It's something you'd have to experience to believe.

It also makes me very upset to hear stories from people who were mistreated in churches. I've been in a situation like that and I know how it feels. I don't blame people for straying away from religion because of it. I'm glad that it didn't tarnish my feelings and faith. I just wish that I could convey to people that not all religious people and churches are like that. It makes me wonder how those people would feel and where they would be today if they were never mistreated (which that concept may spur my next project).

Another thought I had was when we were watching the movie at the end. They talked a lot about evolution. Something I always thought was interesting is how men (as in the male species) have an obsession with monkeys. I was at the zoo with my brother and my dad a couple years ago and we spent more time at the monkey display than at any other. Men freakin' love monkeys. It's no wonder that a man saw monkeys and claimed that they are our ancestors. I could just see Darwin watching a bunch of monkeys and being like "hey, those monkeys are cool...we must have evolved from them." It's probably not at all like it happened, but it's a funny thought.

Another random thought I had was after someone said "you're not crazy if you talk to God, but you might be if God talks to you." It's a really random thought, but I was reminded of a quote I once heard. "When we were small, we were told not to talk to strangers. Then when were were in school, we were told not to talk to our neighbor. When we're adults, we're told not to talk to ourselves. In the end, who do we have to talk to?" Kind of random, but I'm in that kind of mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment