Sunday, September 19, 2010

I thought up a sense!!!

So, for our assignment this week, we were supposed to make up a new sense. I would like to put in a little background information first. It will make sense (ha ha) in the end:

I had a "friend" once who had a real issue with lying. She did it all the time. She would lie about the weather if she thought she could get away with it. Now, when someone I know says something to me, it is just in my personality that I will usually believe what they have to say. It's just my nature, I don't really think "oh, could this person be lying to me" or "what is this person really saying". I think this way because I don't do those things generally. When I say something, I don't usually lie and I mean what I say. I'm just a genuine person. I'm not trying to be boastful or anything, it's who I am.

So, I already kind of knew this friend lied a lot, and I could sometimes catch her lies. But she was my friend. I trusted her and would believe what she had to say. But one day, she told a lie that really hurt me. I thought back at all the things she said to me and felt really stupid, embarrassed and used for believing her. Needless to say, we aren't friends anymore. But I don't believe that there is something wrong with me. With the right people, being trusting is a good thing because people will trust me and feel comfortable with me

Lying really hurts me personally because I'm such a trusting person. That being said,  this is what I came up with:

TRUTH SENSE
It's simple, people will have the sense to not lie to others. 

But Juila, you ask, we already have the ability to do that, what's the point? Sure, we all have the ability, but we don't always use it. A sense is something that is automatic. When you touch something, you feel it and you can't un-feel it. When something is aromatic, you smell it and, sometimes regrettably, you can't un-smell it. I believe that telling the truth should work the same way. People should just always do it automatically.

Of course, like how you can plug your nose when you don't want to smell something, there should be some wiggle room with the truth sense. Like, it's okay to tell your grandma, who worked on a turkey for hours but turned up a little dry, that her cooking is delicious. Life would be a little too harsh if no one could lie EVER.

For the object I was supposed to make, I made a dripping heart. It applies to the truth sense because whenever someone lies, they hold in their hands the heart of the other person. If they lie, it could corrupt the other person's heart as well as their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment