Sunday, September 12, 2010

Walking backwards and Zoo idea!!!

Over the past couple of weeks, I walked backwards. I felt very strange doing this and I observed a few things. First, who I was with effected how other people saw me. When I was with a couple friends, people seemed less intrigued by what I was doing, as long as my friends weren’t acting any different. I guess they thought it was just some silly thing I was doing with a couple of friends. However, if I was walking by myself, more people seemed to stare.


While I was walking backwards, I felt really silly. What I thought was really weird was how I saw the setting. I never really saw what was going on behind me (now in front of me). I had to imagine what was front of me so I wouldn’t trip or anything. What was going on behind me was still kind of insignificant. One of my friends asked me what it was like walking backwards and I said, “it’s like going back in time…because everything is behind me.”

For my location for a new technology, I choose the zoo. While I was there, I noticed that, like everything else, they try to make everything as interactive as possible. People don’t want to just see things anymore, they want to be in it completely. They want to touch, see, hear, and even smell (not that hard at the zoo) everything that is going on. You can pet sharks, feed giraffes and race cheetahs. People want the full experience. I think the texture pen would be interesting at the zoo. They could have places by the exhibits where feeling a certain animal would be interesting (and too dangerous to feel otherwise). Like you could feel what a rhino’s skin would feel like, or an elephant. I think it would be cool to have a model of the animal with the texture pen set inside it, so it would really be like zoo patrons would really be touching the animal. It could be on the inside of the model. You could use all of your senses while watching these animals.

So here is a crappy picture I made of what the exhibit would look like! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment