Thursday, November 18, 2010

What lights up the light bulb above my head

So in this blog, we are supposed to write about what inspires us. I'm a cartoon artist hoping to one day be involved in the cartoon making process one day. So what inspires me when I draw are a couple things. First, obviously, I get inspiration from other cartoons. A couple of my favs are Invader Zim, Danny Phantom, and Avatar: The Last Airbender. I like to take those characters and styles and make my own characters and stories in those realms. Then sometimes, I'll take those characters I made and break them off from that show and make my own shows. I'll try my very best to get as far away from the inspiration source. I recently have done that with Invader Zim and it's really taken on a life of its own. In the beginning, I made my own alien by literally giving ideas and personality traits that are the exact opposite of that show. Some of those ideas remained, but like I said, it's really becoming something that I think is fun and exciting.

Sorry, that went a little long. One more place I get inspiration is from music. I get inspiration from music that is energetic and deep. I'll imagine story lines I made up going along with the music. My current music obsession is My Chemical Romance's new album Danger Days: The Life and Times of the Fabulous Killjoys. They have their full album on their website, so naturally I was uber excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment